INFORMATION PAGES

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Our Daily Bread- A Personal Testimony

Why our Daily Bread?

I've heard it said that YOU don’t read God’s Word it reads you.  When we read those words of life, they remind us, exhort us, inspire us, convict us and encourage us, and we need that on a daily basis.  Why? Because we behold ourselves in the mirror then turn away and immediately forget what manner of man we are.

James 1:23-24 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.

Here now for your encouragement, is the testimony of one such man in his own words.

“My testimony is simple – basically I picked up a Bible and began to read the New Testament, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John – and somewhere in the book of Acts I looked up from the pages and realized that all the frustration, turmoil, doubts, fears and anxieties that had become resident inside of me was all gone.  That’s right!  Gone!  The Lord Jesus Christ had reached inside of me and removed all of these things and replaced it with peace; the peace that passes all understanding.
          I remember at that moment that if this was what it meant to be born again – that’s what I wanted. 

Philippians 4:7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Money, fortune and fame means nothing if one does not have peace inside.  I turned my life over to Jesus and began a new life.
          At that point I did what most Christians do; I read through the entire Bible cover to cover and then put it on the shelf and started going to church.  I read it.  I believed it.  I figured application I would learn from those inside the church buildings who had been doing it longer than me.
          Time passed and soon frustration, turmoil, doubt, fear and anxiety crept its way back inside of me.  What happened?  I was going to church faithfully every Sunday, trying to live out this Christian walk by trying as hard as I could to get my flesh under control.  After a few years of banging my head against the wall, at the end of my rope I had finally ran out of gas.

          I enrolled into a Bible course and was forced to read the Bible for class.  A few months into the course I realized that the frustration and chaos inside my heart was dissipating.  It was then I figured out what I had been doing wrong. 
          I put myself on a daily reading program.  I began by reading to my Mom every night before we went to sleep.  After a while I had found a rhythm in reading 3 chapters a day; 1 out of the Old Testament, 1 out of the New Testament and a Psalm or Proverb.  I looked at it as Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
          The peace that passes all understanding returned as I pressed into my daily reading.  In just a few short years I had made a wreck of my life and those bad seeds began to harvest into nightmares.  I kept reading.
          I had developed some very damaging and destructive habits that needed to be stopped.  I kept reading.
          The Enemy of our souls kept coming at me and accusing me and condemning me for all the things I had done wrong to myself and all those around me.  I kept reading.
          It took some time; in fact years before I had stopped planting bad seeds and started planting good seeds and when those good seeds came to harvest joy followed.  It took some time to have more good seeds than bad but eventually the good overtook the bad and I had found the straight and narrow road that Jesus talked about.
          What is it then?  This daily reading?  What does it all mean?  Here’s my philosophy on it.
          Jesus said, “I Am the Bread of Life” (John 6:48) and in teaching us how to pray said, “Give us this day our DAILY bread” (Matthew 6:11); in the Gospel of John it begins with “In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.” (John 1:1)
          Inside of us there is a war going on, a Spiritual war between the Flesh-man and the Spirit-man.  The Flesh-man gets fed all day long through the lust of the eyes and the hunger pangs of the stomach, however, the Spirit-man’s food is the WORD OF GOD.
          When you’ve got two dogs battling it out inside of you the one that will win is the one you feed the most.  If you want the Spirit-man to control you – then you have got to feed him.  His food is the WORD.  If you will begin to feed your Spirit-man on a daily basis he will rise up inside of you and allow you to become strong; stronger than your Flesh-man, and indeed, will over-power him and put him in submission.
          Then, and only then, will the peace that passes all understanding guard your heart and mind.  This state of being is worth all the gold on earth.  I wouldn’t trade what I have now for any amount of fame, wealth or health.  I know who I am and where I’m going and nothing this earth offers can compare to that."

The mission of this ministry is to humbly obey the commands of our Lord Jesus Christ, reach out in His love with the Gospel truth of Salvation to the lost, work across denominational lines to inspire Unity in the Body of Christ and impact this world by CHANGING LIVES ONE AT A TIME.  That directive started with our own lives.  We yielded, submitted and surrendered to the Lord and He has done and continues to do a great work of gracious change in our hearts and minds.  Do you have a testimony of how Gods Word has changed your life?  Share it here and encourage others to receive the blessing of Gods grace in their lives!   Just click on Comment below this post.
GOD BLESS YOU EACH DAY AS YOU READ HIS MATCHLESS LIVING WORD!

No comments: